Thursday, March 5, 2009

Random

Do you know what movie I love...Twister. Every time there is a storm with wind, rain, thunder, whatever...I want to watch that movie. When it's on tv, even during normal weather, I have a hard time pulling myself away from it. When I was in high school, my best girlfriend and I used to sit and make "favorite quotes" lists from movies that we loved! I can remember dying laughing as we watched Rain Man and scribbled quotes on our papers! We made another list, too, but I can't remember what it was...hmmm. I am sure I have some around here somewhere. Anyway, we would type them up on the computer and decorate them all cute before printing them out and adding them to the group. It was so much fun! (The only thing I have wanted to do that with since is Friends. I want to have 4 separate lists for Friends...and no, I will not tell you what they are for fear of being perceived as THE biggest nerd in the history of nerds! =) So without further adieu, here are some of my favorite quotes from Twister:

"Cow...'Nother cow...No, I think that's the same one. I gotta go, Julia, we got cows!" (That one is much better when you hear the girls accent with it =)

(Nope, I don't think I'll waste time adding people's names =)

"God, Meg. You got a lot of beef. Where'd ya get all this beef? Did you see my cows out front? No. Ahhhhh!"

"Yeah, trust me. Rabbit is good, rabbit is wise."

(BTW, this is the ONLY movie I have ever liked that guy Philip Seymour Hoffman, and even then he was the weird one. It just fit with the group of stormchasers =)

"You're going to the hospital. Ok, I'll go, but I'm gonna drive myself. Honey, your car is in a tree around the corner. "

"You've never seen it miss this house, and miss that house, and come after you!"

(Come on, who did not want to be a storm chaser after seeing this movie?! I mean, seriously!)

"In a severe lightning storm, you wanna grab your ankles and stick your butt in the air."

Ok, well...I guess I succeeded in showing my nerdy side anyway!

We spent the afternoon shopping at the commissary...man those bills add up quick! I am still thankful that we have the comm. to shop at. Even if some things are cheaper on sale other places, overall I wind up spending a lot less. Just to be sure though, I have a list that I update after every trip just to see how prices are fluctuating. Also, if I see a sale somewhere, I will know if it's a good deal or not because I have my list! I highly recommend it...



Tomorrow is our 2nd science class...the kids will be learning about NASA and Space. I am very interested in seeing what all they will be teaching them! The kids are excited! We can't spend too much time inside though because tomorrow is the start of a 4 day stretch of fabulous weather! I think the highs are something like (starting with Friday) 68, 77, 82, 70. Heath and I are trying to decide whether we will be going camping at one of the state parks at the beach or if we will just head there for some hiking. I guess we'll see! We can't waste this gorgeous weather!

Hailey has been asking so many thoughtful questions lately, usually while we are in the car. I finally remembered to start carrying a notebook around with me so I could write them down. (mostly so we could look up the answers later, but it will serve as a wonderful reminder later!) It isn't a habit yet, but I am trying. Drew has been following suit too. I notice him asking a lot more questions in "proper" form. (At least these I still know the answers too =) Some of my faves from Hailey the last couple days are, "Are we upside down on the Earth right now?" Referring to the position of Earth in space. This was a hard one because it depends on which way you think is up! (She says she thinks the sun is up, so at that moment, we were right side up =) "Do all planets have gravity?" If you were wondering...yes, they do =) "Do cars need electricity?" (I forget exactly if she said need or use, so we discussed both =) Such a smart little cookie. I love to watch their little brains working!

Well, back to doing more homeschool "research". That's pretty much all I do with my free time, look up homeschooling websites and gather information for lessons and such. Real teachers can't possibly use all their time on this stuff! I am going to have to limit it soon!

1 comment:

  1. Do you do home school 5 days a week? How long do you do it each day? Do you make up your own lessons?? Sorry so many q's but I have been thinking about homeschooling for Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete