I didn't have much time to continue relaxing when I got home, I had to make dinner for the kids and our sitter and go get ready for our date! That's right, our 2nd Valentine's date since we became parents! We went to dinner at the Freemason Abbey. It was the same restaurant we went to last year and I got the same thing...mmm, salmon with crab and hollandaise sauce and asparagus. I am not complaining =) (Oh yeah, she-crab soup to start =)

We were cramming things into this date, so after dinner we went to see a movie. A good girlie Valentine's movie, "He's not that into you". It was entertaining, cute. Then after that...we went out to a bar/club! There is kind of a mall near the water in Norfolk with a few clubs. At night especially, it seems to sport the darker crowd who dress like they are going to an 80s party in the wildest colors and skirts so short I would never want to see them bend over. I was a little worried that we would stand out...when we walked in there were 2 clubs, one on each side of the hall. One had a very long line waiting to get in, the other had no line. I wanted to know why there was no line...I almost asked, but we just decided to go into the easy one. It was not very busy, and as I looked around you could tell we were in the "white" club. Maybe it's because they had a mechanical bull, I don't know, haha. Anyway...this also means no one was dancing (because white people can't dance??) So Heath and I got a drink so we wouldn't look like we were just standing around, and walked over to watch people fall off the bull. I was just kind of dancing in my space when a girl walked over and explained that she was the only girl with a bunch of guys and wondered if I would do a girlie shot with her so she wouldn't feel alone. I said ok (although I didn't actually want to drink that night at all, I don't like being sick). It wound up working perfectly and we hung out with them the rest of the night. She is a 3rd grade teacher and was out with her boyfriend and a couple of his friends who were all mp's in the air force and just got back from Iraq. I, thank goodness, didn't get sick, but wound up drinking at least 4 shots and a jello shot! Wow, way more than the original drink I ordered! Anyway...we wound up dancing when things picked up a little, and the girl I met, Angie, and I wound up dancing on the bar! Haha, it was a lot of fun and worked out for everybody. I will say that I suffered from the ear-ringing syndrome all day yesterday, ugh. I will post some pics as soon as she emails them to me, I didn't have my camera.

Yesterday Amy and I tried to take the kids (and her mom) out for tea, but we ran into some kinks at the tea house...it was closed because they got new owners, although they don't feel the need to tell people this...so we wound up just going to the mall. The kids had a great time, they love playing in the kid areas. We visited daddy at work before heading home for bed. Oh well, I was hoping for a fun tea filled afternoon...maybe sometime this week =)
Today is art day...the kids were doing Presidents Day projects this morning. They made a painting of George Washington's cherry tree and decorated an Abe Lincoln hat with oil pastels. This afternoon Hailey will be painting on canvas...that should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment