Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 c (2 and 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsps vanilla extract
10 oz pkg peanut butter chips (I think I use Reese's, I'm not sure if anyone else makes them...or any other flavored chips or candy you like...lots of room for variation =)
Heat the oven to 350 deg.
Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl (or KitchenAid) with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well (be warned, this stuff likes to fly!) Stir in chips.
Drop by rounded tsps onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes (I only put in one cookie sheet at a time to ensure even baking). Do not overbake, you want the cookies to be very soft, they will flatten a bit while they cool. Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before putting them on a cooling rack. I usually get about 4 dzn if I make them normal size, but sometimes we make big cookies too =)
No comments:
Post a Comment