The kids went to the Child Waiting Center again today while I went to my ultrasound appointment. Although it was really early in the morning for us (we were there at 8) and Hailey and Drew were in separate rooms, they had a great time. Hailey made a card in her class and Drew got to play outside on the playground. When I picked them up I still got the "mommeeeeeee" yells and hugs, so that made it great for me too =) Since I hardly ever leave them, I don't usually get those...so it really fills my heart when I do!
My appointment probably wasn't as fun as theirs, but I got the two best people in Radiology, I am sure of it! They lady who did the initial US stuff was just the nicest person ever and so compassionate...just the person you wish for in any appointment. The doctor who came in to do the rest was also very nice and he took the time to explain everything and make sure I was ok with everything. It went surprising well, considering I didn't know about one of the procedures they were doing (it was kind of invasive). I went in for a sonohysterogram (I will spare the gory details, but for anyone in the med field I am sure you know what this is, and those who are not, if you want to know you can look it up =) Long story short, they said everything looks ok and I have no abnormalities that they can see, which is good news and bad news. Good news because, so far, all the labs and tests we have done have come back completely normal, and bad for the same reason because that means there is nothing wrong with me (that they are finding anyway) so no real reason why I keep miscarrying. Oh well, I have left it up to the Big Guy and he will do with it what he will.
Since we were in Portsmouth so early, I promised the kids that I would take them to the Children's Museum. They got to spend 4 hours playing and exploring in an almost completely empty museum. It was fabulous! I have never been there with it so empty. Drew's favorite room is the one that has a bus and a fire truck that he can get in and drive and Hailey's favorite is the bubble room. My favorite is this room that has kind of a psychedelic screen that changes colors. You stand in front of it jumping and moving and it leaves a colorful trail of your movements. A favorite for everybody is the planetarium show. Today we watched the show explaining how to find different constellations in the sky and how to identify the planets. That is great for us...more excuses to use Hailey's telescope =) We finally left when we were so starving we could barely stand it...haha. Not bringing a stroller and diaper bag anymore has its disadvantages.
No comments:
Post a Comment