Today was the first day I have left the kids (EVER) at a daycare type facility with people I didn't know. To tell you the truth, I wasn't even that nervous. The center is attached to the naval hospital and will watch your children for free if you have an appointment. My girlfriend has taken her children there a few times and they love it. I have heard nothing but great things about it from her and they are very strict with rules (for the parents) and sign ins/outs, so I dropped them off and, amazingly, never once was worried. It was great to be able to go to my appointment and focus on that instead of worrying about the kids. What a great service!
Usually I would take the kids with me, but this was one of those appointments where I would rather not have the kids around, haha =) They started all my testing and stuff today up in OB and I have a long list of tests and appointments I have to make on very specific days, so I guess I will be spending a lot of time at the hospital in the next month. Yay. I get to be drained dry, poked and prodded, and tested like crazy...woohoo. Oh well, hopefully the end result is promising.
Anyway...after my appointment I snuck into the room where the kids were so I could watch them play for a minute. They seemed to be having a lot of fun, I was very impressed. Of course, as soon as they saw me I got the "Mommy!" as they ran and tackled me. That always makes you feel good! We had lunch with daddy afterwards and headed home.
Drew was very disagreeable today...lots of yelling and crying, he may be getting a cold. So, we opted not to go to the going away party for one of the [one of our favorite] doctors and just let Heath go. It's a good thing her hubby still works at the hospital, so they aren't moving anywhere!
Poking and prodding? Losts of appts? Do I dare speculate?! :) Hope all is well with you Laura and your family. I LOVE all of your recent posts.. and yet again I find myself wishing we could live closer. Maybe one of these days you will get orders to be closer to us..Washingotn maybe? ;) You are an amazing Mom Laura.. I need some of your organizational skills to rub off on me lol..please? :) Take care.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you all like the Salmon recipe :) I think it is sooooo good, in fact we have had it twice in the past 4 days.
ReplyDelete